Cultural walks in Lisbon, guided by the reasercher, Dra. Ana Pinto from CHAM/FCSH (PhD in History).
- The walks last around 3 hours.
- Meeting point will be communicated via email during the afternoon before the walk.
- Price: 5€ NOVA community (students, teachers, researchers and workers); 10€ other participants
- Registration open until 5 p.m of the previous day of each walk
- Limited places (by order of registration)
Major milestones in 20th century Lisbon: architecture, ideas and cultural movements - 3rd June
At the end of the 19th century, Lisbon’s growth allowed the implementation of the technologies of the industrial progress. In the first decades of the 20th century, a new public works program allowed for very avant-garde interventions. The Second World War forced the contact with a modern culture that amazed Lisbon. Wandering through heritage and city landscape you will visualize the testimonies of a progressing city and the modernism architectural landmarks, as also will have a glimpse of the new bohemian life that invaded Lisbon after the Second World War.
For more informations contact email@example.com